How can this 5000 years old healing method benefit you?
Acupuncture helps by speeding up your body’s healing processes so that you can:
- Be pain-free quicker by blocking the pain pathways naturally.
- Get rapid tissue healing by increasing the blood flow to the injured area.
- Have more energy to get through the day by balancing the organs and hormone functions.
- Be more relaxed and less depressed by increasing the release of endorphins (“happy hormones”).
- Achieve better health by boosting your immune system.
What can Acupuncture treat?
- Neck and Back pain (muscle, joint & disc related)
- Sporting injuries: Shoulder, Ankle, Knee
- Headaches and Migraines
- Low Energy and Chronic Fatigue
- Stress related: anxiety, depression, insomnia
- Women’s Health: menstruation problems, menopausal hot flushes, infertility
- Digestive & Bowel problems: indigestion, irritable bowel
- Allergies and Hayfever
The above conditions and many more have been recognised by the World Health Organisation as having been successfully treated by Acupuncture.
What is involved in Acupuncture?
The insertion of very fine, sterile & single-use needles in specific acupuncture points in the body. These points are located & interconnected along channels in the body known as Meridians where “Qi” (“energy”, “life force”) flows. The meridians are found throughout the body, connecting different parts of the body and organs to each other. The Qi that flows along these meridians thus “nourishes” the different parts of the body and enables good health. Acupuncture serves to restore the normal flow of Qi if it is affected by injury or disease.
The scientific understanding of this phenomenon is the changes in the physiology of the body after acupuncture. This may lead to changes in: hormone levels, blood flow, pain perception, muscle tone, etc. The overall effect is to stimulate and speed up the body’s own healing processes so that it can recover quickly from any physical injury or emotional toll on the body.