How can this 5000 years old healing method benefit you?
Chinese Herbs helps by restoring the physiological balance within the body so that you can:
- Be pain-free quicker by blocking the pain pathways.
- Get rapid tissue healing by increasing the blood flow to the injured area.
- Have more energy to get through the day by balancing the organs and hormone functions.
- Be more relaxed and less depressed by increasing the release of endorphins (“happy hormones”).
- Achieve better health by boosting your immune system.
What can Chinese Herbs treat?
- Low Energy and Chronic Fatigue
- Stress related: anxiety, depression, insomnia
- Allergies & Hayfever
- Women’s Health: menstruation problems, menopausal hot flushes, infertility
- Digestive & Bowel problems: indigestion, irritable bowel
- Headaches and Migraines
- Neck and Back pain
- Sporting injuries: Shoulder, Ankle, Knee
What is involved?
The Chinese herbs used at the clinic are derived from plants. I DO NOT prescribe anything that’s endangered. The Chinese herbs are prescribed in a formula consisting of about 5-15 herbs. I find that prescribing a number of herbs that work together synergistically gives the best result. I mainly prescribe herbs in two forms depending on your preference and the condition I’m treating. I may prescribe herbs in their raw form where the herbs need to be cooked or in capsule form which is more convenient to take.
The Importance of Balance – Yin & Yang
Chinese Medicine stresses the importance of Balance – ie balance in organ function and balance in the flow of Qi. When there’s pathology (injury, stress, etc), these balanced flow of Qi is affected, resulting in the physical and emotional symptoms that people experience. By restoring balance to the flow of Qi & organ functions either through needling the acupuncture points and/or by taking Chinese herbs, the body’s normal function can be restored and symptoms eradicated.